CORPORATE & BUSINESS LAW GROUP
Nordman Cormany Hair & Compton LLP
1000 Town Center Drive
Oxnard, California 93036
[T] (805) 485-1000
[F] (805) 988-8387
The Corporate and Business Law Group of Nordman Cormany Hair & Compton LLP provides timely, cost-effective legal services in the planning, negotiation and documentation of all types of business transactions and agreements. We assist in the formation, organization, reorganization and dissolution of business entities, and we provide general counsel advice regarding business and corporate matters.
Our experience and depth of knowledge, the firm's emphasis on teamwork, and the large number of transactions that cross our desks allow the Corporate and Business Law Group to handle virtually any type of corporate or commercial transaction.
The Corporate and Business Law Group represents clients in both negotiated and hostile transactions, as well as strategic alliances, joint ventures, financial restructuring and reorganizations, leveraged and management buyouts, and other complex business transactions. We can provide guidance from the earliest stage of the transaction to its completion. Throughout the process, we will identify the risks and opportunities, and search for creative legal solutions that serve our clients' business needs.
Our attorneys bring to each transaction their experience in handling a wide variety of matters creatively, and an aptitude for completing a transaction so as to ensure that our clients' objectives are achieved. Regardless of a client's size or stage of development, we take the collective expertise we have gained from handling the most complex transactions for the county's preeminent companies, and also for clients with legal needs stretching across state and national boundaries, and make that expertise available to every client.
- Formation, reorganization and dissolution of business entities of all sizes, including corporations, limited liability companies, cooperatives, partnerships and joint ventures
- Organization of professional corporations and partnerships for physicians and other licensed professionals
- Qualification of foreign business entities to do business in California
- Qualification of nonprofit corporations for tax-exempt status
Back to Top
- Drafting of employment, consulting and independent contractor agreements
- Preparation of stock option, incentive compensation, deferred compensation and phantom stock plans
- Creation of employee benefit packages, including qualified retirement plans
Back to Top
- Documentation of business transactions and operations
- Negotiation of agreements for business transactions, including the purchase or sale of businesses; financial, lending and security agreements; distribution agreements; advertising, sales and marketing agreements; management agreements, computer-related agreements; and agreements for the licensing of intellectual property
- Qualification and issuance of securities under state and federal securities laws
- Restructuring of business entities and preparing business plans and strategies
- Counseling of companies on avoiding directors' liability and shareholder lawsuits
- Protection of intellectual property rights, and personal and real property interests
- Representation in capital raising
Back to Top
- Review and analysis of a client's business for legal risk management purposes
- Legal "well-business" audits
- Recommendations and preparation of policies and procedures to avoid legal liability
- Recommendations and preparation of form agreements to achieve cost control of legal expenses
- Corporate governance
Back to Top